The yellow two-story building to the left of the entrance tower was once used as the Arsenal. Peter the Great ordered its construction in 1702 (completed in 1736), but later turned it into a Trophy Museum. Along the front of the Arsenal are 875 cannons and other trophies captured from Napoleon's armies in 1812. Plaques on the wall list the names of men killed defending the arsenal during the Revolution and World War II. It now houses the Kremlin Guard.