This is the only museum in Russia displaying and restoring Monumental Sculpture in the open air. The museum, located on the Grounds of Alexander Nevsky Laura, leads its history from the Museum of the Laura's Relicts founded in 1909. The museum has the oldest necropolises in Saint-Petersburg: the Necropolises of the late XVIII and early XX centuries by the names of Lazarevsky and Tikhvinsky. They form a magnificent museum of Russian tombstone sculpture, where many eminent men of science and art were buried. Among them are M. Lomonosov, P. Chaikovsky, F. Dostoyevsky and others. The Slavic-Greek-Latin (Ecclesiastical) Academy and the Monastery are situated on the grounds of the Laura. The Russian army leader A.V. Suvorov is buried in the Annunciation Cathedral of the Alexander Nevsky Laura.