The Russian Diamond fund is situated in the Armory. It was found in 1922 as a Diamond fund of USSR, where there is an exhibition of tsar's collection of jewels. The Russian Diamond Fund Exhibition was opened for visitors in 1967. Here on display is part of the Russian Union's diamond treasury. The exhibits include the great imperial crown of gold, silver, diamonds and pearls made for the coronation of Empress Catherine II, a scepter and orb covered with diamonds, the world's largest Ceylon sapphire (258.8 carats), the legendary giant diamonds Orlov (189.6 carats) and Shah (88.7 carats), and the largest gold nugget to have been preserved in the world, weighing 36 kg. The pieces of 18th-19th century jewelry which are to be seen here are truly inimitable.